The Duplicator i3 Mini is one of the great TINY i3s.
The Mini has a smaller build size than the standard i3, but still large enough for almost any project. The printer fully assembled except a few screws and will be ready to print within minutes after un-boxing which is Greatly appreciated by those that doesnt want to build their kits for a day or two.
Like almost all Wanhao 3D printers, The i3 Mini uses an easy access open material system, which means you are not limited to certain types of brands, you can have your choice of materials. Filament is not in proprietary cartridges or awful spools marked with NFC tags which generally cost 3 or 4 times that of standard market materials.
The perfect price-quality ratio for the beginner – Wanhao Duplictaor I3 Mini
With the Wanhao Duplicator i3 Mini it is almost possible to print directly out of the box. All you have to do is a million small steps, no its actually just to mount the spool holder, level the bed and load the filament. Incidentally, leveling of the bed is made quite simple by going through the steps on the front panel screen.
You can easily move through the functions in the menu with the rotary knob on the front panel.
Below you see a review made by Al Mantle that sums it up almost exactly as i would have written.
I thought I would wait a while before i left a review, making sure I knew what i was doing.
So, I’ve had this printer for a month & a half now & haven’t had any major problems, I’ve had a lot of fantastic prints from it & I’m very happy with it.
When I purchased this 3D printing was alien to me & i had no problems setting up, unlike a lot of other printers this printer came ready assembled & I was printing the supplied test print within 10 minutes of taking delivery.
Looking through various forums & the common problems people have, I haven’t experienced any apart from adhesion problems (Due to trying different methods)
To sum up it’s a good printer, especially for your first one, The build plate is a bit on the small size at 135X120 but adequate for most prints.
By Al Mantle – Amazon Reviews
In the box:
- Wanhao Duplicator i3 Mini
- SD card
- Power cable
- Filament sample
Lets see an unboxing video Made by Matt from DIY Electronics.
Other Features of The Wanhao i3 Mini
- Build Envelope: 120mm x 135mm x 100mm
- Layer Capability: 0.1mm (HD 100 microns)
- Extruder: MK10 Single-Extruder
- Filament Size: 1.75mm Dedicated
- Top Hotend Temperature: 260°C (Short-term), 240°C (Long-term)
- Cooling: 40mm Extruder Cooling Fan, 40mm Drive Block Cooling Fan, & PSU Cooling Fan
- Build Surface: Non Heated Bed Plate and Wanhao Adhesive Sheet
- Filament Capabilities: PLA, ABS, PVA, Stainless Steel, NinjaFlex, Nylon, HIPS, Woodfill, LayBrick, CopperFILL, BronzeFILL, MOLDLAY, Conductive, Carbon Fiber, Polyurethane plus more!
- Compatible Software: CURA (Wanhao Edition), MatterControl (Free Download Online), Simplify 3D
- File Type: Gcode
- File Transfer: SD Card & USB
- Frame Color: Steel Frame (Powder Coated Black)
- Included Printing Material: 10 Ft. of PLA Filament (Standard)
- Warranty: 1 Year